When your heart chakra is blocked, the world can seem like a cold and lonely place. Just as you might guess, this is the fourth chakra and is the one most closely linked with love and emotional connections. It’s Sanskrit name is Anahata Chakra.
A blocked Anahata chakra can make it hard to access that love and nourish your relationships. This guide will teach you powerful heart chakra affirmations to open your heart again. But first, let’s learn a little more about the heart chakra.
What Does Your Heart Chakra Do?
Your first chakra, your root, is what connects you to the Earth and stabilizes you. Your second and third chakras, the sacral and solar ones, connect you with your own creativity and confidence. Your heart chakra connects you with others, opening the doors to love and compassion.
The heart chakra is located in the center of the chest, and its associated with green color. It is the bridge between our spiritual and mental selves. It operates by sending energy flow to all of the other chakras in order to keep them aligned with one another.
For example, it sends fear-based emotions like worry to the fear-based root chakra (or first-chakra) and joy-based emotions like love to the crown chakra (or seventh-chakra).
○ Is Your Anahata Chakra Blocked? How to Open It
A lot of things that happen in your life create emotional reactions and those emotional reactions can lead to your heart chakra being blocked.
The energy from this chakra is responsible for the human emotional body and also for love, joy, and happiness.
It is pretty easy to figure out heart chakra blockage. Basically, does your heart feel closed? Do you find yourself feeling shut off from your connections with your loved ones? Do you turn away when they offer support, or do you withhold your own positive strokes? These are all signs of blockages.
You can unblock just your 4th chakra, but you will find it is much easier if you work on unblocking all of your chakras. The wheels of energy of each chakra does not exist all by its lonesome in a vacuum; all your chakras are linked together.
○ What Happens When You Unblock Your Heart Chakra
When you open heart chakra, physically you may have good health with proper circulatory system functions. You may find you are more in touch with your emotions. Feelings of love, empathy and compassion may come to you more readily and fully, helping you to feel more connected to the people in your daily life.
At the same time, it will also be easier for you to feel safe receiving love and support from family, friends and significant others. You may also find it easier to forgive past emotional injuries.
You could also find that compassion extends to humanity as a whole, plants, animals, planet Earth, and the Universe at large. Loving yourself may become easier too.
Open Your Heart With These 70 Heart Chakra Affirmations
One simple way to open yourself to a life of love and compassion is by using powerful heart chakra affirmations. The world in which we live reflects our inner states, and our minds are more powerful than most of us realize.
Just by stating these affirmations to yourself again and again, you can begin to transfer your thoughts, your flow of positive energy, and your relationships.
Here are some heart chakra affirmations you can try right now:
- I love myself just as I love other people.
- I am fully aligned with love’s frequency, each cell in my being in harmonic vibration with its highest form.
- I choose connection over division.
- I am a powerful force for love.
- Courage and compassion flourish in every atom of my being.
- I direct love and light towards myself.
- I follow the guiding light of love always.
- I am worthy of authentic, wholehearted, unconditional love.
- I love myself and accept myself unconditionally.
- I am patient, peaceful, and calm.
- I choose love every single day.
- I am always deserving of love.
- I am able to live in love.
- I live in union with all beings, a powerful current of love and light connecting us.
- I love the person looking at me through the mirror, and honor their strength, divinity and power.
- I take loving care of every aspect of my being, including my body, mind and soul.
- I give and receive love effortlessly and unconditionally.
- I love myself more with every passing day.
- Love’s supply is limitless.
- In the face of uncertainty, I let love be the force that guides me in the right direction.
- Balance, grace and gratitude suffuse my being.
- My heart is open.
- I live in balance with others.
- I vibrate on the wavelength of love, drawing that same love to me.
- I can safely love and accept love.
- I choose compassion over judgment.
- I forgive myself, I forgive others.
- I have a deep and profound gratitude for all I have been blessed with in this life.
- Love and compassion shine forth from my every action.
- I lead others through the example of my love.
- The supply of love is boundless and infinite.
- I am open to love, and allow myself to give and receive it freely.
- I am kind, generous, and compassionate.
- I accept things as they are.
- Unconditional love is the gift I give others and myself.
- No matter who I become, I will love that person as fully as I love who I am now.
- I embrace silence and know deep inner peace.
- I give myself permission to let go of my resentment.
- I love who I am today unconditionally and fully.
- I treat myself with kindness, unconditionally.
- With love guiding me each day, it is effortless to share it with myself and others.
- I am loved, loving, and lovable.
- I show compassion for myself always.
- I am love.
- Love and compassion empower me to handle anything.
- I am loving to others and to myself.
- Joy and gratitude fill my heart.
- I am always at peace.
- I honor my heart. I honor my loving energy centers. I honor who I am.
- I am united with all beings.
- As I breath out, I release critical beliefs about myself. As I breathe in, I draw love and compassion for myself into my lungs.
- I give myself permission to be imperfect and still love myself fully.
- My heart is free from past hurt.
- My heart is open, loving, and pure.
- I love myself unconditionally.
- I create loving and supportive relationships.
- I radiate pure love, light, and positivity.
- I am worthy of the purest love.
- I live in harmony with center of love at its highest expression.
- I give myself permission to make mistakes, and forgive myself fully for them.
- I give myself permission to accept love.
- I have peace in my mind and gratitude in my heart.
- I am peaceful.
- I choose compassion when I decide how to view myself and other people.
- I am worthy of love.
- I deserve unconditional love, and give myself permission to receive praise and adoration.
- The green light of love fills my heart with warmth and compassion for all beings.
- I choose to live harmoniously with all living things.
- I love myself as a whole person, including not just my gifts, but also my flaws.
- I feel peace for where I came from, and love for where I stand today.
Personalize Your Heart Chakra Affirmations
One way to get more out of these affirmations is to make them more personalized. Say, for instance, that you are starting with the base affirmation, “The supply of love in the world is limitless.”
What type of love are you looking for? Maybe you are trying to manifest a loving relationship, and you have been fighting against a scarcity mindset.
You could modify this heart chakra healing affirmation into, “The supply of love in the world is limitless, which means there are always potential partners out there for me.”
Or, perhaps you have been struggling with family issues. If your base affirmation is, “I am worthy of love,” you could change it to, “I am worthy of love from my family.”
Tips for Effective Heart Chakra Affirmations
Here are a few recommendations that can help you make your powerful chakra affirmations work as effectively as possible.
- Say your positive affirmations every day. Choose a time that is convenient for you and which you can reliably commit to. By being consistent with your affirmations, you let them truly soak into your unconscious mind where they become real to you.
- Surround yourself with people who truly support you. No amount of opening your heart center is going to bring love and joy into your life if you are holding onto toxic relationships.
Let go of relationships that no longer support your happiness, and bring people into your life who love you just as you are.
- Try and understand why you may struggle with your emotions. Sometimes our hearts are closed for very specific reasons.
These could be rooted in the present or the past. The more you understand about the ways your experiences have shaped you, the easier it will be to clear blockages with affirmations.
- Having a friend speak your affirmations can make them easier to believe and absorb. For instance, instead of saying to yourself, “It is safe for me to open my heart,” you could have a friend tell you, “It is safe for you to open your heart space.”
- Pair your daily affirmations with real commitment to change. Practice active listening, and use your imagination to help you empathize with others.
Offer positive strokes freely and frequently. And don’t be afraid to give them to yourself as well. The person whose love you need the most is you.