For a shifting method that sparks your imagination and speaks to your inner child, you might try the Coraline Method.
The Coraline method shifting involves visualizing opening a door in your wall and crawling through a tunnel, just like Coraline did.
This post explains how to do the Coraline Method step-by-step to reach your desired reality. But first, let’s introduce a little more on the background of this method for those unfamiliar with Coraline.
Travel to Another World Like Neil Gaiman’s Coraline
Coraline is a 2002 Hugo- and Nebula- award-winning fantasy novella by Neil Gaiman. Even if you did not read the book, you may have seen the 2009 stop-animated movie adaptation.
In the story, Coraline opens a door that leads her to another universe. This alternate world is similar to her own but (at least on the surface) more idealized.
As some users on Reddit point out, Coraline’s journey reminds them of reality shifting. So, naturally, it makes sense to try and shift with a method based on Coraline.
Step-by-Step Guide to the Coraline Method Shifting
Here are the steps to shift using the Coraline Method.
1. Lie down and close your eyes. If you want, you can meditate first to get into the right frame of mind. Otherwise, you can just proceed immediately to the steps below.
2. Visualize your current reality bedroom, but keep your eyes closed. Imagine a key on your nightstand.
3. Picture yourself picking up the key. When you do, imagine a small door appears on a wall in your bedroom and cracks open.
4. Visualize your current reality (CR) self approaching the door, kneeling down, and opening it. Behind it is a tunnel. Picture yourself crawling through it. Another door is at the far end of the tunnel.
5. Know that on the other side of that door is your desired reality (DR), and that when you open it, you will be there. You can overlay visualizations of what is behind the door on top of the visualization of the tunnel if you like.
If that is too much for you to manage, just keep picturing the tunnel but thinking affirming thoughts about what is behind the door.
6. As you progress closer and closer to the door, you may start feeling shifting symptoms.
7. When you reach the tunnel’s far end, push open the door and crawl through it into your DR bedroom.
8. Some versions of this method end at this point. You just open your eyes and find yourself in your desired reality.
If you are not comfortable using this as a awake shifting method, then you can comfortable use it as a sleep method.
But to use it as a sleep method, you should continue your visualization. Stand up in your DR bedroom, and approach your DR bed. See your DR self lying there, sleeping. Lay down, feeling yourself merge into your DR self as you do.
Then, let yourself fall asleep. When you wake up, you will be in your desired reality.
How to Make the Coraline Method Even More Like the Movie
If you want to make your visualization in the Coraline Method closer to what is in the movie, you can picture a mouse leading you to and through the small door. You can watch this clip from the film for inspiration:
This clip also shows you what the tunnel looks like in the movie. You could picture your tunnel similarly, or you could make it different.
You have complete freedom with how you use this method. All that matters is that it works for you.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Coraline Shifting Method
Let’s answer a couple of questions about the Coraline method for reality shifting to wrap up this guide.
Q: Did Coraline reality shift in the book/movie?
A: No. Comments on Reddit point out that the universe Coraline entered was a deliberate creation, whereas realities we shift to have always existed naturally.
Also, Coraline faced real dangers in the universe to which she traveled, but reality shifting is always safe.